Thursday, June 29, 2006

Part 3: Almost the present

The saga brings us almost where we are now -- when Bek moved into my house and my heart.

Bek, which stands for blue-eyed kitty, was a bundle of black and white fur who loved climbing underneath my wheels. Unfortunately, that led to being run over many times, including his entire body once. I still feel guilty about that.
Despite all, he grew up to be a 12 lb, 3 1/2 foot long sweetie who loves to snuggle and nuzzle his parents, particularly his dad, whom he prefers to mom. I'm back up if he's in need of some affection.

When Bek moved in, Tequila didn't take near a liking to him as Bek did Tequila. Bek would lie on the kitchen floor, roll over on his back and wait for Tequila, taking full advantage of Bek's total openness. Then Tequila would skitter across the floor, bite Bek's ear than run squawking for his mother. Smart bird. Not too smart cat. With one swipe of his paw, Tequila could have been a snack. Instead, he'd just lie there and wait for more. He really wanted to snuggle the bird and clean his feathers for him, but Tequila wanted none of it.

When Bek and I prepared to moved Texas in 2002, we had to find another home for Tequila. Last I heard, Tequila was quite happy with his new owner and family, who have given him run of the house. Tequila also gets to eat off everyone's dinner plate and enjoys all the freedom he wants to fly around the house. What more could a bird ask for?

At the end of August, I sold my house. It was a bittersweet moment, looking back. I'd achieved a lot living on my own. Took a long look at the house before leaving, sighed, then opened a fresh new book for the next half of my story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home