Monday, July 03, 2006

Bek: Moving to Texas

(As told by Bek, the elder cat)

It was a very long trip. Fifteeen hours riding in the car. I didn't care for it a bit, so I stayed in my carrier until the very end of the trip when I finally had to relieve myself. Get real. A cat can only wait so long.

Anyway, when we finally arrived in Lewisville, Texas, I was elated to get of my carrier, the car and the stupid harness mom put on me. (Like I'd really run away. She spoils me.) There really was no room to move around in mom's tiny Honda, so I stayed put almost the entire trip. There really wasn't much to see or do, so sleeping was my best option which I did a lot of that day.

Back to the story. My new dad was there waiting but, frankly, all I wanted to do was crawl under the couch, hide and get some real shut eye. Mom, on the other hand, just wanted to make googoo eyes at dad. It was kind of disgusting actually.

Life was pretty good that first month. I had a run of the new house. Dad and I were bonding and getting pretty tight. There were lots of places to check out, and the waterbed was nice and cozy. It was big, so I could stretch out all I wanted without getting kicked, pushed or knocked out of bed.

Not long after they got married, mom and dad decided I needed some company. They got me a sister. I haven't figured out just HOW they did that, but they brought home this scrawny white and grey fluff of fur. When I went to check her out in her carrier, she made it clear that she wanted nothing to do with me. Feisty little spitfire. She let me know right from the start that SHE was in charge and head of the household. Fine by me, as long as she left me alone.

I guess she was okay. Once she got out of that carrier, she mostly slept, played and slept more. I just stayed back and kept an eye on her. Of course, as she's gotten older, she's gotten to be a bit of a pain. But for the most part, she's okay. She'll let me chase her for awhile around the new house. Mostly we keep to ourselves, though.

- Bek

1 Comments:

Blogger Foo said...

Your sister may rule the roost, but you're still more cuddly and squishy. Now, if you could only sleep in past 5 am on the weekends...

4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home