Sunday, September 02, 2007

Frazzled Cat Momma

Like many things now days, my intentions are well meant but there just aren't enough hours in my days to get things done. I'm dreadfully behind on many tasks. Of course, when things go wrong (as they often do), I only get further behind.

Lately, one of my problems is "the kids." I don't know what has gotten into either of them.

For Bek, it's tormenting his younger sister. I'm not sure exactly what he's doing to her, but I'm hearing sounds come out of her that I've never heard before. They're downright mean. Of course, I have to rush in, try and separate them, then do it all over again because it never really works.

With Bitsy, it's PMS (or something like that). She's been an outright bee-ach lately. For no reason, she'll whip around and snap at me. Usually she sits on my lap for hours at a time. Not any more. I'm lucky to get a moment or two before she hops down, preferring to look at me from a distance.

Maybe it's the teenage years. I don't know. Any parenting suggestions are greatly welcomed.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger That Janie Girl said...

Wow, Turtle. Sounds like something's changed por la casa. Maybe one of them's trying to be the alpha...or is that only in dogs?

I don't know. Zack's going through some stuff, as well.
Not a fun time.

8:27 PM  
Blogger Turtle said...

The minute adopted Bitsy (5 yrs ago), she let Bek know she was the one in charge. It may be that Bek is trying to change that. Now he does come to me seeking affection more than before, and Bitsy does get jealous if she sees him doing it. Hmmm. You have me thinking. I'll have to do some research on that. Thanks for the idea!

Anyone who says animals aren't like kids is crazy! Sounds like Zack has been doing the same to you. (I stopped by.)

Guess kids will be kids.

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home